This homemade spaghetti bolognese recipe is one of my favourite Italian dish: this pasta is always a great success with family and guests, and it is one of the easiest meal I have ever prepared. Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients in the pot, you just cook the sauce over a very low heat during a couple of hours, just like a stew. And you can use the leftover sauce, if there is, to make a lasagna.
This recipe will definitely show you that cooking a great meal can be very easy!!
I like it because:
- There is a lot of vegetables: carrots, celery and onions, and cook like a stew, so the sauce has much flavour.
- It is a perfect dish for a big dinner with friends or family. You can prepare the sauce the day before and warm while you cook the pasta, this way the sauce has even more flavour … and you can enjoy your guests.
- Bacon taste much better if you buy it in a dairy, and the price is almost equal to the price of an industrial pack.
- You use the same quantity of each ingredients, 7,1 ounces, so it is very easy to remember.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- A little butter for the saucepan
- 7,1 oz (200g) chopped onions
- 7,1 oz (200g) chopped carrot
- 7,1 oz (200g) celery
- 7,1 oz (200g) minced beef
- 7,1 oz (200g) diced bacon
- Salt, pepper, cilantro and any other seasoning that you usually use.
- 0,85 US cup (20cl) white wine
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz / 750g)
- ½ vegetable stock cube
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE
- Peel the carrots, celery and onions, and cut into small pieces, onion aside.
- Heat the butter in the pan and fry the chopped onions slowly until soft and transparent. Add the pieces of carrots and celery, and cook 5 minutes more mixing occasionally.
- Stir in ground beef, bacon, seasoning’s and fry a few minutes until the beef is browned.
- Pour the white wine and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, mix well and add the bouillon cube.
- Cover the pot, but not completely, and cook over low heat for 1 ½ hour, stirring occasionally. Add a little water or broth during cooking so the sauce stays liquid if necessary.
- Prepare the spaghetti 20 minutes before the end of the cooking.
You can eat the sauce with spaghetti immediately or the next day to have more flavour.