This recipe of Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies with a pinch of Sea Salt is very easy to prepare (less than 30 minutes) and gives about 30 cookies, so enough to survive a full week-end.
I’ve been doing something new for the past few weeks: instead of buying cookies from the supermarket, which are usually very deceptive (not enough chocolate chip, too hard, very expensive…), I have started making my own homemade cookies. Check also my recipe of Giant Cookie stuffed with Philadelphia for a change 🙂
Why do I prefer homemade cookies?
- The cookies are really soft and you can add more chocolate chips to the cookie dough, which is honestly the most important criteria in my eyes.
- I have divided the sugar quantity regarding the original recipe, and it has been approved by my boyfriend (my lucky guinea pig).
- You can flavour the Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies dough according to your taste: for me the Sea Salt touch is the best, along with a little bit of vanilla sugar, “dulce de leche“, nuts…
How to prepare the cookie dough?
- Mix very basic ingredients (butter, sugar, egg, flour) …
- Flavour according to your taste: chocolate chips, Sea Salt, nuts, caramel…
- Rest in the fridge…
- Shape and cook for no more than 10 minutes…
- Let it cool down and eat, but not too fast!
How to make soft chocolate chip cookies?
- You shouldn’t put too much pressure on the mix – fashion it quickly and gently without using too much force.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, better a couple of hours.
- Shape little balls with the dough instead of a flat cookie. That way the cookies will flatten naturally in the oven during the cooking and the heart of the cookies stays soft.
- The cooking time is very fast, between 8 and 10 minutes depending on the oven.
Careful: the cookie might not look cooked enough after 10 minutes but it’s normal, just let them cool down outside of the oven. The first time I let them more than 10 minutes in the oven and they were too hard once they cooled down.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 175g black chocolate or chocolate chips
- 100g butter to room temperature
- 140g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 220g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Reduce the chocolate bar to crumbs with a knife if necessary.
- Beat the butter until soft with an electric whisk in a big bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and sea salt, and mix together, then incorporate the egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda, then incorporate little by little to the mixture with the egg. Mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Pour the chocolate crumbs in the dough and mix with your hands. Form a ball with the dough and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC and in the meantime, form little balls with the dough that you will place on a baking sheet covered with kitchen paper, and bake for 10 minutes max.
- Once the cookies are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool down on the sheet.
- When they are cold, store them in an hermetic box and enjoy!