If I had to choose between winter dishes or summer dishes, my preference would always be winter dishes. The onset of the cold weather brings a great variety of convivial winter recipes including all kind of comfort food such as soups, stews, gratins, roasted vegetables etc. Take the soup for example: from simple basics like the classic vegetable soup to more elaborate versions such as this carrot soup with coconut milk and curry, I could eat that every day.
Most importantly, with very few ingredients and time you can make a great meal 🙂
And let’s start now!
And let’s start now with this fantastic recipe of Carrot Soup inspired by an Indian recipe, and please let me know what you think about it 😉
Curry and Coconut Milk Carrot soup
Carrots and Coconut Milk Curry soup
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 750g carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable or spices stock cube
- 1 l hot water
- 1 tsp ginger (fresh or dry)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1 can coconut milk (250ml)
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic, and set aside.
- Peel and cut the carrots into medium size pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over low heat and fry the onion, garlic and ginger (if fresh) slowly. When the onion is soft, incorporate the carrots, the stock cube, the curry powder, the curcuma, the ginger powder and 250 ml hot water.
- Cover and let simmer until the carrots are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Incorporate the rest of the water, the coconut milk. Let it heat over a medium heat and stop cooking once the liquid is hot, after about 5 minutes.
- Mix the soup and serve it very hot.
© 2021 ©valenbarcelona