Today I want to share a simple potato and celery stir fry recipe, an original side dish that is a perfect match with meat, fish, eggs, and also with a salad for a light meal. The celery is commonly used in many stew and sauce recipes, as well as in the potato and celery soup. Those recipes require only a few stalks, so the potato and celery stir fry is a good way to accommodate the remaining celery stalks.
I like it because:
- This recipe is perfect: healthy, simple, quick and cheap!
- You can use different spices and herbs to vary the taste: pepper, crushed cilantro seeds, parsley, thyme, rosemary … you can also crumble 1/4 of broth cube over the vegetable before simmering.
- The quantity of potatoes versus celery can be adapted regarding your taste.
- Prepare this dish with unpeeled potatoes, so that they have more flavour and nutrients as well.
- There is no need to add a lot of water during the cooking, a couple of tablespoons is enough.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 1 entire celery
- 5 big potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Seasoning: salt, black pepper, grounded coriander seeds, crumbled 1/4 broth cube, …
- Dry herbs: thyme, Provence herbs, rosemary …
- 1 little bunch of fresh parsley
Potato and celery stir fry recipe
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into small pieces, with or without the skin according to your taste.
- Clean the celery sticks, remove the strings with a knife or a vegetable peeler and cut them into small pieces as well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet a couple of minutes and throw the pieces of potato and celery together.
- Mix and cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat until they are sizzling.
- Add the seasoning and dry herbs to the skillet, 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook 30 minutes over low heat.
- While the vegetables are cooking, chop the parsley and sprinkle it over the vegetables at the end of cooking, before serving.