This easy chocolate cake recipe is THE recipe I have been looking for all these years: a tasty and easy chocolate cake, that can be done and re-done as many times as you want, either for a family dinner, a meal with friends, or for a birthday cake. On top of that, the powdered almond add a little twist to the traditional chocolate cake and makes it softer.
This easy chocolate cake recipe should be part of every recipe book. Try it and you will love it!
I like it because:
- This chocolate cake is tasty, light and soft together, and also very easy to cook.
- There is no need to beat the egg whites.
- Frosting/icing isn’t mandatory at all with this cake, it is very good just as it is. If you really want frosting, you can cover it with a chocolate cream like the one of Iambaker.
- Melt the chocolate at the last minute, just before adding the mixture, so that it doesn’t harden again.
- I prefer the conventional oven to the fan-assisted oven (or convection ), because that way the dish is spongier and less dry.
- If you want to make a bigger cake, double all the ingredients and let it cook a little longer in the oven, checking with a knife from time to time.
INGREDIENT FOR A MOULD RECTANGULAR 24 CM
- 4,5 oz (125g) butter
- 4,5 oz (125g) sugar
- 2 oz (60g) powdered almond
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 eggs
- 4,5 oz (125g) chocolate pastry
- Optional: icing sugar for the decoration
Easy chocolate cake recipe
- Pre-heat the oven at 350ºF (180°C).
- Cut the butter in a large bowl and leave it at room temperature for 5 minutes, meanwhile you line the cake mould with kitchen paper.
- Add the sugar in the bowl and mix with a hand mixer until it turns into a thick mixture.
- Keep mixing and incorporate the powdered almond, the flour through a small sieve, and the eggs one by one.
- Melt the chocolate using a water-bath at a low temperature to prevent burning, and incorporate it gently to the mixture in the bowl. Mix well and pour the content of the bowl into the cake mould.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The top of the cake has to be slightly crispy while the inside is moisten. It is ok if the knife comes out a little bit wet, it is the way it has to be.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down at room temperature, then in the fridge for a couple of hours.
You may decorate the cake with a little bit of icing sugar if you like.
Print or save the recipe as pdf: