This winter I’ve used my oven a lot, since I realized recently that it is a perfect way to cook roasted vegetables and meat with very little preparation, and with great results! To roast the vegetables gives them a nice smoky taste and make them much nicer to eat than boiled vegetables.After the roasted root vegetables with mascarpone and the Oven roasted Mediterranean vegetables, I discovered a new fancy way to prepare roasted cauliflower with parmesan, an easy and tasty recipe which will make you love cauliflower, even if you are not a big fan.
One good thing with the oven roasted vegetables is that you can spice them up in many different ways, either with herbs, cream, grated cheese, or even with a tahini sauce to give an oriental touch.
Mixed with Parmesan cheese, the roasted cauliflowers turn into a delicious meal, the Parmesan strong aroma balancing the bland taste of the cauliflower.
I like it because:
- You can eat it either as a side dish with any meat, or as a dip with hummus or baba ganoush.
- The preparation takes no more than 5 minutes.
- You may use half of cauliflower and half a broccoli for a change, or add a couple of potatoes cut into chips to vary the dish.
- Add toasted pine nuts before serving the roasted cauliflower with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- dry thyme, at your taste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper, ground coriander seeds salt, …
- 50g Parmesan cheese
Roasted cauliflower with Parmesan cheese recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into small, thin slices. Put the pieces in a tray that goes to the oven.
- Add the thyme, the unpeeled garlic cloves, the olive oil and the seasoning in the tray, mix all the ingredients with your hands or a large spoon, and spread them evenly in a single layer.
- Bake the dish for 35 minutes, mixing the pieces half way through.
- Once this is over, incorporate the Parmesan cheese, mix well and grill for 12 minutes.