Having scrambled eggs for breakfast is one of my favourite pleasures on a Sunday morning. I love it so much that I even prefer to cook it at home because I get so disappointed when I order some in a café and all I get is a sad dry omelette…
My dear darling is Irish so he showed me how to make perfect scrambled eggs in 10 minutes. Just cook the beaten eggs in a small pot over a very low heat, mixing constantly with a whisk until the mixture is starting to get thick. I advise you to turn off the heat once the eggs are almost cooked (but still a bit liquid), and finish mixing until they reach the desired firmness. I personally like runny scrambled eggs, but some people prefer to have them very cooked, so just do it as you like.
You need to use the good ingredients along with the eggs to have the perfect scrambled eggs:
- pour a drop of milk or cream, to make the scrambled eggs softer and creamier.
- grate a little bit of nutmeg into the preparation bowl, it will give a nice addictive after-taste to the eggs.
- incorporate a slice of York ham to the eggs, its soft taste makes for a perfect combination.
This advice is totally personal, there are as many ways of preparing the perfect scrambled eggs as people on Earth.
Perfect scrambled eggs with ham
- 6 eggs
- A drop of milk of cream, about 1/5 US cup (50 ml)
- Fresh grated nutmeg, salt, pepper, grated coriander seeds etc.
- 2 slices of York ham
- Toast and butter
- Chop the slices of ham in small pieces.
- Beat the eggs in a big bowl with a whisk and incorporate the other ingredients: milk, spices, seasoning and ham.
- Pour the preparation in a pot and start heating over very low heat, mixing gently with the whisk all the time.
- Mix constantly with the whisk until the mixture is starting to get thick. Turn off the heat once the eggs are starting to get firm (but still a bit liquid), and finish mixing away from the heat until they reach the desired consistency, from runny to cooked according to your taste. The pot should be hot enough to finish the cooking.
- Pour the eggs in a dish and eat them hot along with hot toast and butter.