Preparing a chocolate cake is always a pleasure, it is a simple and quick way to make a dessert for any occasion. Either a yoghurt cake, a carrot cake or a chocolate and orange cake, it will always be tasty and can be easily transformed into a nice birthday cake if you spread a layer of buttercream on it.
The chocolate and orange cake is a great combination: an intense burst of chocolate, but also fairly light. The little pieces of chocolate chips give the cake a nice melted touch.
I like it because:
- there is no flour in this cake, so it is gluten free.
- it is very quick and easy to make, there is no big challenge here
- If you don’t have any chocolate chips, grounded roughly cooking chocolate with a knife and it will make it.
INGREDIENTS FOR 1 LONG SHAPE OF 9 in. RECTANGULAR PAN:
- A little butter for greasing
- 8,5 oz (240g) cooking chocolate or 5 oz (140g) cooking chocolate and 3,5 oz (100g) chocolate chips
- 3,5 oz (100g) butter
- 6 eggs
- 6,7 oz (190g) ground almonds
- 1,8 oz (50g) orange marmalade
- a pinch of salt
- 3,5 oz (100g) sugar
CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE CAKE RECIPE
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 ° C, cut into very small pieces 100g of chocolate if you do not have chocolate chips, and smear the walls of the mold with butter.
- Melt the remaining chocolate (140g) and butter together in a double boiler. Meanwhile break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks into two large bols.
- Incorporate folks to chocolate, and add the almonds and jam.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites into the second bol, and then beat the egg whites, adding sugar as you beat them.
- Mix the egg whites and remaining chocolate chips into the mixture of chocolate and almonds and pour the contents into the mould.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. To see if the cake is ready, stick a knife in the middle. The cake is cooked when the knife comes out clean.
You can serve the cake with a custard.
Bon appétit and happy Easter!