Give a little twist to the traditional Mexican recipe with this homemade creamy guacamole recipe, by adding a little bit of hot tabasco … and cream cheese. Yes, you’ve heard me! The cream cheese gives a creamy texture along with a nice flavour to your home made guacamole and makes it totally addictive, believe me!
How to make homemade creamy guacamole? Your friends are always telling you it is so easy to prepare, just mash the avocados, add lemon juice and that’s it! Yes but when you do it yourself, it is never as good as theirs… One time, I was having a few friends over and I was doing “avocados with lemon”, a simple substitute for guacamole, when one of the guests saw the Camembert cream in my fridge and told me to add it to the avocados. And that was it!
So first of all you need to choose good avocados, mature enough to be mashed easily with a fork. Mash and mix them with a tomato (I grate the tomatoes but you can chop it as well) and a teaspoon of cream cheese such as Philadelphia, Camembert cheese, or sour cream. Finish by adding the lime juice spices and seasoning. Et voilà, the creamy guacamole is ready!
Homemade creamy guacamole
- 2 mature avocados
- 1 mature tomato
- 1 big tsp of cream cheese (Philadelphia, camembert cream...) or sour cream
- 1/2 lime juice
- A few drops of tabasco at your taste or 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and grounded coriander seeds
- A little bunch of fresh coriander (optional)
- Nachos, bread sticks, crisps ...
- Mash the avocados with a fork in a big bowl until you get a creamy mixture. You can leave some pieces of avocado if you like.
- Grate or chop the tomato and incorporate it in the bowl along with the cream cheese.
- Squeeze the lime directly in the bowl, add the tabasco or hot paprika, the salt, black pepper, coriander seeds. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Chop and add the fresh coriander to the mixture, keeping a few leaves for the decoration when you serve it.