Good to know:
- You can vary the cheesecake with dulce de leche according to your taste: cinnamon or dried fruit in the biscuit base, lemon, vanilla or orange extract for the filling.
- There is no cooking with this recipe, just let it in the refrigerator 8 hours minimum before eating.
- Use a springform pan,and line the bottom with a piece of kitchen paper in order to serve the cheesecake easily.
- Leave the butter out of the fridge 15 minutes before starting.
- The Philadelphia, the cream and the bowl where you will whip the cream must be cold. That will give the cheesecake a stronger consistency.
- If you are usingjelly for consistency, hydrate it with a bit of water in a small bowl while you are cooking. Just before incorporating them to the filling, throw the cold water and add a little bit of boiled water to liquify them.
Cheesecake with dulce de leche
- 7 oz (200g) of digestive biscuits
- 3,3 oz (95g) butter, plus a little extra for the tin
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 17,6 oz (500g) Philadelphia cheese
- 3/4 US cup (200ml) cream
- 6,3 oz (180g) sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla or orange extract
- 2 gelatin leaves or 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3 or 4 tbsp of Dulce de Leche
- Spread the tin’s border with a bit of butter, and line the bottom with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Cut the digestive biscuits into pieces in a narrow and deep bowl, and mash them with a hand blender. You can also use a food processor or if you have none of these, put the cookies in a plastic bag to flatten them with a wooden rolling pin until they turn into a powder. You can leave a few whole pieces to give more texture to the base.
- Stir the butter and mix, then cover the base of the tin with this mixture, and stir it with a spoon in order to make a flat base. Put the tin in the refrigerator while you are preparing the filling.
- For the filling, mix the Philadelphia, sugar and vanilla or orange extract in a large bowl , then incorporate the jelly and mix again.
- Whip the cream in another large bowl, then gradually incorporate the cheese mixture to the cream with a rubber spatula.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and incorporate the cream filling inside.
- Heat the Dulce de Leche in a small pot or in the micro-wave. Once it is melted, line the top of the cheesecake with a spoon or spatula. It needs to cover the cheesecake completely.
- Leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 8 hours and then you can enjoy it !!!
Leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 8 hours before serving.