A hot orange juice sounds a little bit surprising at first sight because we never think of heating juice. In France we usually prepare a very popular drink in winter, especially in the East and in the Alps, a hot drink made with red wine and cinnamon. This version with hot orange juice is non-alcoholic, and sweeter because of the honey. It comes from my mum who usually makes it during Christmas, when the whole family is gathered together.
Once you taste it, you’ll see how good it is!
I like it because:
- It is a very sweet and comforting beverage, greatly appreciated when it’s freezing outside.
- The mix of orange, cinnamon and honey is just divine.
- If you don’t have oranges, use a bottle of orange juice and it will good also.
Zumo de naranja caliente con canela y miela
- 4 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp honey
- Squeeze the oranges and the lemon and put the juice in a large saucepan, along with the cinnamon stick and the honey.
- Heat the mixture over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until it makes small bubbles and there is a little bit of smoke coming out of the pot.
- Turn off the heat and serve very hot.
A votre santé!